Red Hill Church Elder Covenant
To the elder(s) being confirmed:
With God helping you and with grace driven effort, we will now ask you to commit yourself to serving as an elder at Red Hill Church.
1. Do you reaffirm your faith in Jesus Christ as your own personal Lord and Savior?
2. Do you believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God, totally trustworthy, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, the supreme, final, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice?
3. Do you believe the Red Hill Statement of Faith and Membership Covenant contain the truth taught in the Holy Scripture?
4. Do you promise that if at any time you find yourself out of accord with any of the statements in the Red Hill Statement of Faith and/or Membership Covenant you will, on your own initiative, make known to the other elders the change which has taken place in your views since your assumption of this vow?
5. Do you subscribe to the government and discipline of Red Hill Church?
6. Do you promise to submit to your fellow elders in the Lord?
7. Do you promise to set an example of biblical manhood for Red Hill Church by loving, discipling, and serving your wife and children first and the church second?
8. Do you promise to be zealous and faithful in promoting the truths of the Gospel and the purity and peace of the Church, whatever persecution or opposition may arise to you on that account?
10. Are you now willing to take personal responsibility in the life of this congregation as an elder to oversee the ministry and resources of the church, and to devote yourself to prayer, the ministry of the Word and the shepherding of God’s flock, relying upon the grace of God, in such a way that Red Hill Church, and the entire Church of Jesus Christ will be blessed?
To the congregation:
Will the members of the church please stand?
1. Do you, the members of Red Hill Church, acknowledge and publicly receive this man as an elder and a gift of Christ to this church?
2. Will you love him and pray for him in his ministry, and work together with him humbly and cheerfully, giving him all due honor and support in his leadership to which the Lord has called him, to the glory and honor of God, that by the grace of God the mission of the church might be accomplished?